Saturday, November 3, 2012

Translating Ergun according to Dr. Norman Geisler :)

In my last video, there was a clip where Dr. Ergun Caner said the following.
My father was an Ulema in the mosque. An Ulema is a scholar. He was an architect by vocation. And when we came to America in 78, through Brooklyn, we settled in Columbus, Ohio to build mosques. That is exactly what my father did until the day he died, 1999. 
Now according to Dr. Norman Geisler any reference to Ergun coming to America in 1978 is a reference to him getting his citizenship in 1978. It is supposedly "well known" that Ergun became a citizen around the age of 11 or 12. So the fourth sentence should read:
And when we came to America obtained my citizenship in 78, through Brooklyn, we settled in Columbus, Ohio to build mosques.
I don't know, but regardless of what Norman says, that still sounds fishy to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment