Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ergun maintains his sermons are 100% lie free

I saw this post on Ergun's Facebook fanpage.

Can't God use a mistake, a failure, a falsehood, a lie even...for good? People all over the world are pushed to believe in God from the secular world. Secular music, art, and even movies influence people towards good. The biggest tragedy in my opinion related to is the personal integrity issue that was created. His preaching is strong, moving, Godly, and biblical. Even our biblical heroes were often greedy, rage filled, selfish, liars, adulterers, murderers, tax collectors...etc. Saul, Solomon, David, Moses...and so on. But we learn from their lives, their messages, mistakes, failures, and see that even in the things they have done, God still loves them, and we still learn from them. Thanks to messages like, "Scratch n' Sniff Spirituality." I find myself truly guarding my heart, and living as though this life on earth isn't all their is. I'm thankful for the learning, and the teaching from Mr. Caner, and I'll forever love messages like, "Love, lies, and Landmines". If you feel you can't trust the man, take the teaching, and put them against the bible, and decide if they are worth learning from.

This fan later wrote in the comments:

Yeah, so I'm a liar, you're a liar. We all lie. None are worthy of the forgiveness of God but he still showed love and mercy for us by sending Christ to die for us. I promise that you lie, I promise that I lie. I promise that even pastors and holy men lie. If you say you don't, I already win the argument. I don't condone his lie I disregard the sermon in fact, but God can use anything for his purpose. Even if we make our own lives miserable by doing something we know he doesn't want us to do. I. know that people can still find truth in the Biblicaly/Godly inspired words of EC's sermons. If you were fans before you were "betrayed", and you began changing and living your life differently after hearing the sermons, then you know you felt the Truth inside you're heart especially if the teaching was in fact biblical. If you were a hater before and a hater after, you're living in an ungodly way the same as a liar.

I went to Fiji years ago with a group called shake the nations. They touched people and helped lead many to Christ. They fed the hungry, built shelter for the homeless, & made lasting change...several years later, the president was arrested and sentenced to 15yrs for embezzlement and financial crimes...does that mean the good we did was voided? No way.

Listen to his sermons: "Scratch n Sniff Spirituality" and "Love Lies and Land Mines." Tell me otherwise. They've strengthened my marriage, and my armor of God allowing me to be a better person at outreach, and to guard my heart otherwise.

A couple of sentences struck me.
  • Can't God use a mistake, a failure, a falsehood, a lie even...for good?
  •  Even our biblical heroes were often greedy, rage filled, selfish, liars, adulterers, murderers, tax collectors...etc. Saul, Solomon, David, Moses...and so on.
  •  Yeah, so I'm a liar, you're a liar. We all lie.
Then this:

I promise that you lie, I promise that I lie. I promise that even pastors and holy men lie. If you say you don't, I already win the argument. I don't condone his lie I disregard the sermon in fact, but God can use anything for his purpose.

There is just one problem.  Ergun maintains to this day that all his sermons, lectures, and videos are 100% lie free.  For all those who think that Ergun lied and we just need to forgive him, according to Ergun that's slander.  We all lie?  According to Ergun, he doesn't...at least not in his sermons.  "I have never intentionally misled anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment