Saturday, April 27, 2013

I've been working for the devil all the live long day

Can't you hear that whistle blowing? This is normal for many people that I've known and Ergun is no exception.  Say "Pharisees" are those that criticize other Christians and then criticize other Christians for being Pharisees.  Here we have don't accuse the brethren and then he accuses some of the brethren.

Oddly enough two lines come to mind.

"You know, that's a typical lawyer's trick - accusing the accuser." - EK Hornbeck - Inherit the Wind - 1960 played by Gene Kelly
"I will step outside the church if that's what needs to be done, 'til the door should shut behind me! I will do what needs to be done, though I'm damned to Hell! You should understand that, or you will mistake me." - Those lines from Sister Aloysius Beauvier played by Meryl Streep in the movie "Doubt" ring in my ears from time to time.
If Ergun would abide by his own rules, it would be one thing.  However, he seems to expect everyone else to operate with kid gloves while he denounces them from twitter and the pulpit.
How can Ergun say things like this and not be working for Satan?
Easy, he doesn't consider them brethren.



No comments:

Post a Comment